Lewisburg Borough Special Operations due to the COVID-19 Coronavirus
The Lewisburg Boroughwill continue in special operations mode until at least Sunday, May 10, 2020, at which time the situation will be reevaluated by the Borough. This special operations mode will continue with the following efforts to comply with the Governo’s directions, the Pennsylvania Department of Health, and encourage social distancing among our residents and visitors:
1. Lewisburg Borough REfuse Collection will continue per the normal schedule.
2. First Quarter of 2020 (January/February/March) Lewisburg Borough Refuse Bills will be mailed to property owners during the first week of May. Please mail your Refuse Payment to the Borough or use the silver drop box on the South Fifth Street side of the Borough Office near the staff entrance door to make payment.
3. The Lewisburg Borough Office and Public Works Buildings will continue to remain closed to the public.
4. The Wolfe Field Athletic Complex, the Lewisburg Borough Recycling Center, and the Lewisburg Borough Brush Pile will remain closed.
5. The Kidsburg Playground and D.F. Green Fields and Playground will remain closed.
6. Lewisburg Borough will continue to eliminate all parking restrictions associated with posted street cleaning days, metered parking, and the municipal parking lots (with the exception of handicap parking requirements).
7. Lewisburg Borough will begin undertaking some urgent maintenance activities and will be undertaking limited street sweeping in an effort to keep our storm sewer system clear of debris. Residents will not be ticketed if vehicles remain parked on street sweeping days.
Although our Borough buildings will be closed, we will continue to maintain minimal staffing levels to respond to the critical needs of the community. Borough Office staff will be available by phone or email Monday through Friday from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Members of the public needing to deliver hard copy items to the Borough Office can use the silver drop box attached to the South Fifth Street side of the building near the Staff Entrance Door. Borough Public Works staff will continue the normal refuse collection schedule Monday through Friday from 6:30 am – 3:00 pm.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call the Lewisburg Borough Office at 570-523-3614 or email us at email@example.com.