Lewisburg Borough government will continue in special operations mode until at least Friday, May 1, 2020, at which time the situation will be reevaluated by the Borough. This special operations mode will continue with the following efforts to comply with the Governor’s directions and encourage social distancing among our residents and visitors:
(1) Lewisburg Borough curbside collection of brush and limbs scheduled for the week of April 13 – 17, 2020, has been postponed. It will be rescheduled after the current disaster emergency ends.
(2) Lewisburg Borough Refuse Collection will continue per the normal schedule with one exception. Refuse will be collected on Good Friday (Friday, April 10, 2020) for the normal Friday collection area. Although the Borough normally delays refuse collections on a holiday by one day, with the Lycoming County Landfill now closed on weekends, we did not want to push collection back until the following Monday.
(3) The Lewisburg Borough Office and Public Works Buildings will continue to remain closed to the public.
(4) The Wolfe Field Athletic Complex, the Lewisburg Borough Recycling Center, and the Lewisburg Borough Brush Pile will remain closed.
(5) The Kidsburg Playground and D.F. Green Fields and Playground will remain closed.
(6) Lewisburg Borough will continue to eliminate all parking restrictions associated with posted street cleaning days, metered parking, and the municipal parking lots (with the exception of handicap parking requirements).
(7) Street sweeping and routine Borough maintenance activities will continue to be on hold.
Although our Borough buildings will be closed, we will continue to maintain minimal staffing levels to respond to the critical needs of the community. Borough Office staff will be available by phone or email Monday through Friday from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Members of the public needing to deliver hard copy items to the Borough Office can use the silver drop box attached to the South Fifth Street side of the building near the Staff Entrance Door. Borough Public Works staff will continue the normal refuse collection schedule Monday through Friday from 6:30 am – 3:00 pm (with one exception noted above).
If you have any questions, please feel free to call the Lewisburg Borough Office at 570-523-3614 or email us at email@example.com.