Lewisburg Borough is announcing a vacancy on Borough Council in our Fourth Ward. In general, the Lewisburg Borough Fourth Ward consists of areas in the Borough located west of U.S. Route 15 and areas located north of St. Anthony Street on the east side of U.S. Route 15. To be considered for a position on Borough Council representing the Fourth Ward, you must:
- be a registered elector of Lewisburg Borough;
- have resided in Lewisburg Borough continuously for at least one year immediately prior to the appointment;
- be a current resident of the Fourth Ward in Lewisburg Borough;
- not be a school board member, a trustee of a charter school, or an employee of Lewisburg Borough;
- not hold more than one elective Borough office at the same time;
- submit an affidavit of residency to the Borough Secretary prior to being sworn in as an elected official.
The Borough Council of Lewisburg invites residents of the Fourth Ward who meet the above criteria to submit a letter/email of interest and any supporting documentation (such as a resume or CV) for the purpose of filling the vacancy on Council. The term expiration for this appointment is 12/31/23. Please submit your letter/email of interest by noon on Friday, May 13, 2022, to the Lewisburg Borough Secretary at 55 South Fifth Street, Lewisburg, PA 17837 or by email to email@example.com. Lewisburg Borough Council is expected to discuss filling this vacancy at its meeting on Tuesday, May 17, 2022, at 6:30 pm. Individuals interested in learning more about the vacant Borough Council Member position and the time commitments associated with serving as a Borough Council Member are welcome to contact William Lowthert, Lewisburg Borough Manager at 570-523-3614 or firstname.lastname@example.org.