Lewisburg Borough Public Works staff will undertake snow removal from Market Street and the Metered Parking Spaces on Second Street, Third Street, Fourth Street, Fifth Street, and Sixth Street beginning Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 12:01 am. All vehicles should be removed from Market Street and these Metered Parking Spaces by this time. The BVRPD will ticket and tow all vehicles remaining. Please note that no vehicles should park along Market Street until at least 7:00 am on Thursday morning and no vehicles should park in the side street metered spaces until the “No Parking” bags have been removed. Due to the amount of snow received, multiple passes with the snowblower may be necessary. As such, please don’t park in the metered spaces until Borough staff or the BVRPD remove the “No Parking” bags. Illegal parking in these spaces will result in ticketing and towing. We anticipate that snow removal activities will continue for most of the day on Thursday.
VIRTUAL MEETING FORMAT
The Borough of Lewisburg Planning Commission will be holding a special virtual meeting via Zoom Webinar on February 24, 2021, at 6:00 PM to receive comment on a proposed Ordinance that would license and regulate short term rentals in the Borough (Airbnb, VRBO, etc.). If you are interested in hearing more about this proposed Ordinance from the Planning Commission, please register at the link below. This meeting is being held via Zoom Webinar in order to adhere to social distancing guidelines and to help prevent the spread of the Coronavirus causing COVID-19. Click here to read about the proposed draft Ordinance.
Advanced Registration is required for members of the public who wish to attend. When registering, you will need to provide your first and last name, your email as well as your street address. This will serve as the meeting sign-in requirement for the Lewisburg Borough Planning Commission public meeting. Please do not use fictitious names when registering. You can register up until 15 minutes before the scheduled start of the meeting.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Members of the public may submit questions and comments to Bud Hiller, Chairperson of the Lewisburg Borough Planning Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the meeting. Once the meeting has started, meeting attendees can submit questions and comments through the chat function of the Webinar format.
Lewisburg Borough will resume Parking Meter Enforcement in its Downtown beginning Monday, February 1, 2021. In addition, Lewisburg Borough will also resume enforcement of Permit Parking requirements in its Municipal Parking Lots on Monday, February 1, 2021. Please remember to place coin(s) in the Parking Meters when you exit your vehicle to visit our Downtown. If you do receive a yellow or red Parking Violation Ticket from Lewisburg Borough, fines can be paid by:
- Mailing the ticket with a check to the Borough Office at the address listed on the ticket (Lewisburg Borough Office, 55 South Fifth Street, Lewisburg, PA 17837);
- Placing the ticket with a check or exact payment amount in the red ticket collection boxes located on a parking meter post: (a) on Market Street between Third Street and Fourth Street, (b) in the municipal parking lot behind the Post Office building; or (c) in the municipal parking lot by Hufnagle Park;
- Placing the ticket with a check or exact payment amount in the large silver box located on the east side of the Borough Office by the staff entry door;
- During normal business hours, placing the ticket with a check or exact payment amount in the small drop box located on the west side deck of the Borough Office.
If you are a resident or business employee, please feel free to contact the Borough Office regarding the availability of Parking Permits for the three Municipal Parking Lots.
If you have any questions regarding ticketing or Municipal Parking Permits, please feel free to call the Borough Office during normal business hours at 570-523-3614 or email us at email@example.com.
With the Lewisburg Borough Offices closed on Monday, January 18, 2021, in observance of the Martin Luther King Holiday, refuse normally collected on Monday will instead be collected on Tuesday. Refuse normally collected on Tuesday will instead be collected on Wednesday along with the normal Wednesday refuse. Refuse collection on Thursday and Friday will be as usual.
Lewisburg Borough Public Works staff will undertake snow removal from the Borough Municipal Parking Lots and Metered Parking Spaces beginning Friday, December 18, 2020 at 6:30 am. The schedule as of now includes…
(1) Municipal Parking Lot along Cherry Alley between North Second Street and North Third Street – snow removal in this lot will begin on Friday, December 18, 2020 at 6:30 am. All vehicles should be removed from this Municipal Parking Lot no later than 6:00 am on Friday morning.
(2) Market Street and Metered Parking Spaces on Second Street, Third Street, Fourth Street, Fifth Street, and Sixth Street – snow removal on Market Street and the Metered Parking Spaces on the side streets will begin around 1:00 am on Saturday, December 19, 2020. All vehicles should be removed from Market Street and these Metered Parking Spaces no later than 11:59 pm on Friday, December 18, 2020.
(3) Municipal Parking Lot along White Pine Alley between South Third Street and South Fourth Street – snow removal in this lot will likely be undertaken in the morning hours of Saturday, December 19, 2020. We anticipate beginning snow removal in this Municipal Parking Lot after snow removal along Market Street and the metered spaces on the side streets are completed by staff. All vehicles should be removed from this Municipal Parking Lot no later than 11:00 pm on Friday, December 18, 2020.
Lewisburg Borough residents/visitors who plan to park in Municipal Parking Lots during this snowstorm must be aware these lots will be closed at times to facilitate snow removal. At this point, it is not possible to determine when such clearings will occur. We will make an effort to place this information on our Borough website and Facebook page in advance. However, please understand that your vehicle may be towed if it remains parked in a “Closed” Borough Municipal Parking Lot when such snow removal activities occur.