LEWISBURG BOROUGH BOARDS AND COMMISSIONS VACANCY NOTICE
Lewisburg Borough is announcing vacancies on the following Boards and Commissions:
- Planning Commission with terms expiring December 31, 2022, December 31, 2023, and December 31, 2025;
- Zoning Hearing Board Alternate with term expiring December 31, 2023;
- Historic Architectural Review Board (HARB) with terms expiring December 31, 2022, December 31, 2023, December 31, 2024;
- Shade Tree Commission with a term expiring December 31, 2023;
- Buffalo Valley Regional Police Commission (BVRPC) with term expiring 12/31/24.
Some of the open positions require specific knowledge or educational backgrounds.
The Borough Council of Lewisburg invites Borough residents to submit a letter/email of interest and any supporting documentation (such as a resume or CV) for consideration of appointment. Please submit your letter/email of interest to the Lewisburg Borough Secretary at 55 South Fifth Street, Lewisburg, PA 17837 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your letter/email of interest will then be forwarded to the appropriate Board or Commission Chairperson for review (with the exception of the BVRPC). The specific Board or Commission will then make a recommendation to Borough Council who make actual appointments. Letters/emails of interest for the BVRPC will be reviewed directly by the Administration/Public Safety Committee of Lewisburg Borough Council. Borough Council will then make the actual appointment.
Individuals interested in learning more about the vacant Board and Commission positions and the time commitments associated with these volunteer public service opportunities are welcome to contact William Lowthert, Lewisburg Borough Manager at 570-523-3614 or email@example.com. It is also suggested that interested individuals attend the next Board or Commission Public Meeting. Meeting dates/times are posted on the Lewisburg Borough website (www.lewisburgborough.org).