Beginning on Wednesday, March 18, 2020, Lewisburg Borough government will cease normal operations and begin a special operations mode. Special Operations will continue until at least Tuesday, March 31, 2020, at which time the situation will be reevaluated by the Borough. This special operations mode will include the following efforts to comply with the Governor’s announcement and encourage social distancing among our residents and visitors:
1. The Lewisburg Borough Office and Public Works Buildings will close to the public. This closure will include the Tax Collector’s use of Council Chambers and all Scheduled meetings in the Borough Office. Lewisburg Borough Board and Commission meetings will be held at the discretion of the Chairpersons.
2. The Wolfe Field Athletic Complex, the Lewisburg Borough Recycling Center, and the Leiwsdburg Borough Brush Pile will be closed.
3. The Kidsburg Playground and D.F. Green Fields and Playground will be closed.
4. Lewisburg Borough will eliminate all parking restrictions associated with posted street cleaning days, metered parking, and the municipal parking lots (with the exception of handicap parking requirements).
5. Street sweeping will cease and routine Borough maintenance activities will be placed on hold.
6. Lewisburg Borough Refuse Collection will continue per the normal schedule.
Although our Borough buildings will close, we will maintain minimum staffing levels to respond to the critical needs of the community. Borough Office staff will be available by phone or email Monday through Friday from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Members of the public needing to deliver hard copy items to the Borough Office can use the silver drop box attached to the South Fifth Street side of the building near the Staff Entrance Door. Borough Public Works staff will continue the normal refuse collection schedule Monday through Friday from 6:30 am – 3:00 pm.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call the Lewisburg Borough Office at 570-523-3614 or email us at office @lewisburgborough.org.