With the Governor’s announcement that Union County will be moved to yellow status on May 8, 2020, Lewisburg Borough will begin to implement a plan to return our local government to normal operations by early June 2020. The staged plan will begin returning some services to normal operations as early as Monday, May 11, 2020. Other services and many Borough facilities will return to normal operations in early June 2020 (assuming Union County has been moved to green status by Governor Wolf). Details of the staged plan are as follows:
Monday, May 11, 2020
- Begin curbside collection of brush from Borough properties on the normal street sweeping schedule (brush collection will end on Friday, May 29, 2020). Tree trimmings should be no larger than 2″ in diameter and 4′ in length.
- For residents with any remaining leaves in their yard, leaf litter may be put in bags and placed alongside the brush. Leaf bags should not be overloaded to avoid breakage and injury to Borough staff while lifting. Leaf bags will not be returned. Grass clippings will not be accepted.
- Continue limited street sweeping activities in an effort to prevent debris from entering the storm sewer system.
- Resume special pick-up of large household refuse items. Special collection forms can be found at https://www.lewisburgborough.org/wp-content/uploads/SpecialPickupForm4-2017-Resolution17-08.pdf. Completed forms and checks can be mailed to the Borough Office or placed inside the silver collection box attached to the South Fifth Street side of the Borough Office near the Staff Entrance door. Questions can be directed to the Borough Office at 570-523-3614.
- Placement of refuse dumpsters by the Borough’s Refuse crew resumes.
- Borough staff will resume maintenance activities on a limited basis.
Monday, May 18, 2020
- Enforcement of the “No Parking” restrictions on Borough streets resumes by the BVRPD.
- Curbside collection of brush and bagged leaves from Borough properties continues.
- Street sweeping returns to the normal schedule.
Friday, May 29, 2020
- Curbside collection of brush and bagged leaves from Borough properties ends.
Monday, June 1, 2020 (if Union County has been moved to green status by the Governor)
- Borough Office opens to the public.
- Borough staff resumes normal maintenance activities.
- Borough staff begins a reopening of the closed playgrounds and parks. The reopening will likely be a staged process over a period of several weeks.
Wednesday, June 3, 2020
- Brush Pile reopens for drop-off.
In addition, please note the following:
The Lewisburg Borough Recycling Center will reopen when possible and in coordination with Union County and Lycoming County Resource Management Services.
The Order issued by the Lewisburg Borough Emergency Management Coordinator for limiting gatherings of 10 people or more will be lifted at 12:01 am on Friday, May 8, 2020. The Borough will enforce the governor’s gathering limits, as prescribed, going forward from that date and time.