As Lycoming County Resource Management Services begins to restart its recycling services, Lewisburg Borough will reopen its Municipal Recycling Center at the Wolfe Field Athletic Complex with a limited schedule and some restrictions to protect employees and the public.
- For now, the Lewisburg Borough Recycling Center will be open on Wednesdays from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm beginning May 20, 2020. The Lewisburg Borough Recycling Center will not have Saturday hours yet.
- Lewisburg Borough will limit the number of vehicles admitted into the Recycling Center at one time to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Please be patient if you experience some delays while waiting to access to the Center.
- Borough staff will not be available to assist with the unloading of recycling materials. Borough staff has been directed not to touch recycling materials.
- The wearing of face masks and social distancing requirements will be enforced while the Center is open. You will not be admitted into the Recycling Center without a face mask. After you drop off your recycling materials, please exit the Recycling Center immediately.
- Once a material bin fills, it will be locked and no more of that material type will be accepted until the container is emptied by LCRMS. We expect a high volume of materials during the initial opening. Please understand if our containers are full and we cannot accept your materials that day.
- If a member of your household has tested positive for COVID-19 or is suspected of having COVID-19, please do not recycle your materials. The materials should be disposed of in the refuse.s
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Lewisburg Borough Office at 570-523-3614.